Bicton Environment Action Group
BEAG carry out restoration works along the Bicton Foreshore, including erosion control works and revegetation in Blackwall Reach Reserve. The types of activities carried out include hand weeding, replanting, erosion control, foreshore clean-ups, installation and maintenance of bat boxes and community and corporate activity days.
To protect and enhance the natural environment of the Bicton Foreshore from the Bicton Baths through to Point Walter Bush Forever site by:
- cooperating with local bodies, the community and State Planning and Management Authorities to develop and monitor the Bicton Foreshore and Point Walter for the benefit of all users of the public open space and Reserves
- providing for the protection and accommodation of local fauna and bird life
- managing invasive flora and encourage appropriate species, selected to protect and enhance the area without restricting the unique river and associated views.
1. Become a committee member.
⇒ The organising committee meets at the Water Polo Pool Clubrooms from 7.30pm to approx. 8:00pm on the last Tuesday or Thursday of every other month.
2. Join a working party and help with:
⇒ Weed Control
⇒ Seed Collection
⇒ Foreshore cleanup
⇒ Removal of shell bed at Bicton Baths
Working parties meet on Saturday mornings at 8.00am.
3. Help with foreshore cleanup duties about twice a year.
4. Be aware of what is happening in our locality and alerting BEAG and the Melville City Council to areas which need attention.
The work so far has been funded through state and local government support with some community sponsorship.