Casual Environmental Field Technicians
We are currently seeking to employ Casual Environmental Field Technicians who are passionate about the conservation of the natural environment. You will join our dedicated Environmental Services Team in the on-ground delivery of bushland management and revegetation projects that make a real difference in improving the health of our bushland and waterways.
We deliver work for local governments, state government agencies, the private sector, community groups and on our own revegetation.
The main duties of these roles will include:
- Herbicide control of environmental weeds in bushland and revegetation projects
- Manual removal of environmental weeds in bushland and revegetation projects
- Revegetation watering
- Planting native seedlings in revegetation projects
- Maintenance of revegetation projects
Typical work hours are 6.30am to 2.30pm, Monday to Friday and all work is based within the Perth metropolitan area, with our depot being based in Beckenham.
There will be up to full time hours available for these positions, full time availability of applicants is desirable, though not essential.
There may be an opportunity for permanent employment after an initial casual period.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated weed control experience using both herbicide and manual methods of weed control.
- WA Health Department Pest Management Technician Licence (or the completion of the relevant units of competency to obtain licence). The relevant units are:
- AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases.
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals.
- AHCPMG301 Control weeds.
- Strong plant identification skills including differentiating between native and weed species in bushland.
- Good level of physical fitness due to the physically demanding nature of the work.
- Current WA Driver’s Licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Qualifications in or currently studying Conservation and Land Management, Horticulture, Conservation Biology, Environmental Science or related fields at TAFE or university and / or equivalent employment experience.
- Experience in using machinery including 4wd vehicles, spray rigs, chain saws and brush cutters.
Depending on the level of skills and experience of applicants we offer between $36.00/hr to $41.16/hr on a casual contract.
In a cover letter please respond to the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria detailed above and attach your current CV.
Further information on the position can be obtained by contacting the SERCUL Environmental Services Manager, Matt Grimbly on 9458 5664 / email@example.com
All applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 20 November.
We will commence hiring as soon as we receive suitable applications, so don’t delay.