Happenings in the Park
Up Coming Events / Things of Interest
Informal work sessions are held each Monday morning at various sites. Contact Jo 9458 8991 or Graeme 0418 927 246 for details about next site/work.
If you have free time during the week, Jo would be happy to put you to work then as well.
Further info: Jo 9458 8991 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fish traps in the river? Do not remove them. Report immediately to FishWatch 1800 815 507. Do not approach suspicious people and be discreet when making a call to report, noting rego nos, descriptions of people etc.
- People taking native plants in CRRP: Do not confront people but report to City of Canning Security & Patrol Services 1300 422 664 or Parks & Wildlife Regional Parks 9442 0300.
- Collect 3L plastic bottles – the ideal size for watering. Clean bottles can be left at CREEC.
- Don’t forget our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/crrpv
Acknowledgements: Photos by CRRPV members – Claire, Pam, Sally, Graeme, George, Marie; those from DBCA function by DBCA staff
Clean Up Australia Day
2023 sees the Canning River Regional Park Volunteers’ 34th year of involvement in Clean Up Australia Day.
Sunday March 5 2023
Participants must sign on at Ferndale Park Car-park, off Ferndale Crescent.
- Wear closed in shoes, hat and sunscreen.
- Bring water bottle and gloves for picking up rubbish.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Refreshments for helpers 10am to 11am.
Bring your own keep cup if you have one
CRRPV were named Community Group 2018 and Jo Stone (CRRPV’s Field Officer) received an Outstanding Service Award.
Video courtesy of the Parks and Wildlife Service at the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
Lotterywest Bat Project
January 2021: CRRPV’s Microbat Project, funded by Lotterywest, has been completed. The uncorrected proof of Joanna Burgar’s report can be seen here: Effectiveness of bat boxes for bat conservation and insect suppression in a Western Australian urban riverine reserve
This project was made possible through funding from Lotterywest